Thursday, June 11, 2009

4. Flat Stanley Is Ready For Adventure!

NOTE: For FAQ's about Flat Stanley, and for the very first Flat Stanley photo received, see Monday's post ("Flat Stanley Arrives"). For a link to a map of all the places Flat Stanley has traveled, a photo of my 8 y/o daughter, Alexa, who owns Flat Stanley, and for comments other people have made so far, see the very first entry here ("Flat Stanley Joins The Family").

I am starting to get a few more emails and messages letting me know that Flat Stanley has arrived at his various host homes.

Jean in Omaha wrote to say that Flat Stanley arrived Tuesday and was going to rest after his long journey, but that Wednesday he'd begin exploring the city.

I got a text from my friend Joya in Virginia letting me know she has some fun things planned for Flat Stanley. She is thinking of taking him to the Smithsonian and the monuments. She says Stanley will be getting a motorcycle helmet as they spend a lot of time on the bike, so he needs to be safe :)

Diane in Maine wrote me the following email:

"Dear Nancy & Alexa,
Stanley visited the Public Library today. Library Director Cara was very pleased to meet him, having read the book and being a huge fan. She showed him the recently completed addition to the library.

We hope to take Stanley more places, but the weather is horrible. Can we keep him until it is sunny again so he can see the river and maybe a lobster boat? As you can see from the pic, John decided to dress Stanley in lobsterman gear. Lobster fishing is an important industry in this area.

Stanley says hi and that he will send a postcard!"

Here is a picture of Flat Stanley dressed in his lobsterman gear:

Photobucket

and another of Flat Stanley posing with Cara, the library director:


Photobucket

I see the gear has been labeled for us, although we can't read it from the pictures. It will be fun when we can see it closer up and learn more about it :)


Flat Stanley also sent us an email from Huntersville, North Carolina where he is visiting Heather:

"Alexa,

Hello from North Carolina! I wanted you to know that I arrived here safely this afternoon. Its very hot here, it reached 90 degrees today, so I was happy to learn there was a pool that I could cool off in. It was very refreshing after my long journey.

I'll try and keep you updated and let you know what I am up to while I am visiting this Southern state!

I hope the butterflies have hatched!

Flat Stanley"


Yes, Stanley, the butterflies HAVE all emerged! :)

My mom, who is vacationing for the week in Vermont and who has taken Stanley with her, posted a nice update about what Stanley is up to over there in a comment, which can be read under the very first blog entry. Some of the things she has mentioned is that they took Stanley to the summer home of President Lincoln's son, the home of Robert Frost, and "Moosefest" where he got to see all different life-sized moose statues.

My mom says "Everywhere we go people are asking about him and why we are posing him in pics! A lot of fun!"

I am looking forward to seeing (and posting) pics of Flat Stanley posed on a moose :)


Flat Stanley got another invitation to Australia and was mailed there on Wednesday. Tomorrow he'll be going to another home in Canada and another home in Texas, but for the most part he has reached his destinations and is ready to start exploring and having fun! I've received several "Flat Stanley has arrived safely!" emails and can't wait to have more detailed news of his adventures to post for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment